Question on ferret nation cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

I am going to be buying a new cage in a month or so...Im looking at the ferret nation cages but I see the bottom tray is plastic and the sections that divide the cages? what is the easiest way to modify them ...

or maybe I am looking at them wrong and the divider is metal? I dont know I haven't seen one in person...Im thinking I will go with a double tall one in case one day I get another chin when I am ready ..

My cage now does have the plastic slide out tray chin has never chewed on it ...

I put fleece over mine. Some people tile them.

TY I so wish I could do fleece my chin chews it .....

when people use tile I am wondering what to stick the tiles to I can cut some safe kiln dried pine ....there is so much planning and researching that goes with this LOL

You can also get metal trays for them. I think they are called BASS pans.

oh wow !!! I just looked great idea !!!! so many options lol tile....pans....wood....I think I will probably go with bass pans and then ledges

There is a metal divider grid that comes with the cage, you build it with it in, or out. It has the cut out in it, and so does the plastic pan that sits on top. If you build it with the divider in, and you want to make it two seperate cages, a "Chin Chiller" (marble slab) fits exactly on top of the cut out to close it up nicely.
Bass pans can be found at this link:
http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx

Latest posts

Back