Question about Tradition Feed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturegirl240

On hubbardfeeds.com it says "Tradition® Chinchilla Pellets and Tradition® Guinea Pig Pellets are complete feeds. Additional hay or other feedstuffs are not required and may dilute the nutrient levels resulting in depressed performance." Does that mean that chinchillas should not have hay or supplement while they are being fed tradition?

This has been touched on before during seminars with Hubbards nutritionists. Although you do not need to feed hay or supplement with their feeds to be nutritionally complete, It will not due any harm(take that with a grain of salt, people put some CRAZY stuff in their supplements).

I use Tradition and I still give my chins hay/haycubes to help wear down their teeth. In addition, I give my pregnant and nursing girls Ryerson's supplement.

I give Tradition pellets, oxbow hay, and LifeLine for supplements, and there's a pumice chewblock in every cage!

Thanks everyone! I was just wondering because I give Tradition, oxbow hay, occasional hay cubes, and Ryerson supplement to my pregnant or nursing ones. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong

Back