Question about pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochelle

I have a question about the pans. I'm getting ready to order some and was going to get them from The Bass company that many of you have, but I seen that they are not finished and I would have to do that myself. Is this true? Also has anyone ordered the pans from TFC. Their pans are Pre-Painted Galv. Metal Bottom Tray 3" High - Midwest Ferret/Critter Nation Cage. http://www.chinchilla.ca/items.php?P...s&source=acces

I'm not sure what you mean about "not finished". I've ordered at least 15 pans from them and they were ready to place inside my FN's when they arrived. The link you posted is for a company in Canada so I'm not sure how much shipping would cost to the states or even if they do ship to the U.S.

ETA: meant to add the link to bass equipment pans...

http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx

Last edited:
I seen that they weren't sealed with the "paint" so they wouldn't rust from the pee.
Has your rusted at all? That's the only thing I'm worried about.

Rochelle how many are you looking for? I have someone in the area here that will make pans out of painted Galvalume.

I will try to get in touch with the guy that makes them tomorrow for a price for you. Are the pan dimensions of 22 5/8" x 34 5/8" x 2 1/2" the overall outside to outside measurements. The material he makes them from is the same as pole barn steel and comes in a few colors. I have used some of these pans for more than 10 years now and they still look like new, no rust what so ever.

Right now I can get FP1 pans 34-5/8" x 22-5/8 "x 2-1/2 " made out of galvalume in brown or copper color inside or out with white on the opposite side for $22.75 each. They really last a long time, clean supper easy and do not get the rusty scale on them.

Looks like I will be getting some of these pans made up, white inside and out. Anyone else interested in any? White, brown or copper with white on the other side.

How many would you want Kate? Once I get some made up I will see what they weigh and get a shipping estimate. They will probably last as long as your cage depending on how they are taken care of. I have some that have been in use for over 12 years.

I would only need 2-4, depending on the cost. I have one Bass pan with a cut out and one without, that are getting gross. But if it wasn't too expensive, I'd like to replace all 4 (1 with cut out, 3 regular) so they match.

Do you think you may be able to order again in the future, or is this a one-time deal? Not a lot of extra funds right now with all of the holidays coming up, but if this is my only chance, I would try to swing it. Either way, would love a shipping estimate to see if it is even doable. Thank you!

It will be possible to get them later, not sure on the cut out pans as I have never seen them. Anyone have any pics of them so I can see what he can do on making them?

Barb, the FP1's or FP2's? I am not sure on price or just how the cut out is in the FP2's.

I would be interested in 4 pans, no cut out, color doesn't matter as long as all 4 are the same. Like Kate I'd need to buy a few at a time, or wait a little while to get all 4 at once. Can you post a picture when you get them in?

Back