Question about hamsters

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimichi

I was wondering if hamsters are allowed to have all the things chins can have? Like as far as food, treats, and wood chews go.

Also what kind of food do you feed your hamsters? Mine doesn't exactly have the healthy kind, shame on me, but I'd like to switch him over to something that's better for him. I just have no idea where to start.

Thank you in advance!

The answer is yes, pretty much. Everything should just be sized-down to match the size of your hammy versus a chin.

As for food... Lab block is probably the healthiest thing that one can feed a small animal, though some animals don't like it because it's pretty much a bland diet. Another good food company to look at is Oxbow - the same people who make the excellent quality hays also make excellent quality food for all critters.

Hope that is helpful. :thumbsup:

There are a few toxic veges. I don't know them all but I know potatoes can cause issues. You can use any wood you like and almost any fruits or vegies. I used to have a hamster.

There is a lot of information online if you google hamster care, especially if you know what type of hamsters there are. Some fruits and veggies are not ok, and there are lists that show what is safe and what is not.

Latest posts

Back