question about fleece liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chy1820

chy1820
I was just wondering what type of detergent to use for washing fleece items? Someone recommended me to use dreft for babys. So my question is has anyone else used it? Or does anyone know if its safe for chins?

It doesn't really matter what detergent you use. You just don't want it to be too strong. You just have to be sure to wash the fleece 3 times so that liquids soak through. And make sure you have NO FABRIC SOFTENERS! That will only keep the water on top and not do any good.

I use my regular laundry soap and white vinegar to wash my liners. As long as your soap isn't something that is heavily scented or has softener added it should be fine. You don't want to use softener or dryer sheets because they can cause the liners to be less absorbent.

A lot of different people have their preferences. I'll use the same detergent I use for my normal laundry but I wait until I have a full load of chin laundry before I do it so when i do a load, its all chin Laundry. I'll use a little less detergent so it isn't as strong and if I have a small load, I'll set the water to medium so there's more water. And as someone mentioned; stray away from fabric softener. It'll take away the absorbency of the fleece. And another thing I'd like to add, chin's-like humans can have allergic reactions to things so just keep an eye on your chinnie just as a precaution. It's highly unlikely though. :) better safe than sorry!

Latest posts

Back