Question about dehumidifiers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathiva

Kathiva La Diva
I recently moved my chins to an upstairs room because my basement room was too small for me, and even though I still use a dehumidifier, and I know upstairs is usually not as humid as a basement, I wondered if in the winter I should use a humidifier because it gets way too dry, my mom told me that, that maybe I would need one for the winter, because when it is too dry, it's bad for your throat, and I don't know what else, so I wanted to know if having a dehumidifier in the winter it's going to hurt my chins or not, and if I should have a humidifier instead.

Are you still running the dehumidifier in the winter? Just turn it off and it should help with the dryness. What is the humidity level where they are now? Chins generally do fine in dry climates. They shouldn't need a humidifier.

Last edited:
Hi

Yes, I am still running it, it is not quite winter yet, but thought in asking before it gets really cold. the humidity level is about 35 or less when I am running the dehumidifier, but if I shut it off, I notice it goes to like 45 or 50

Back