Question about cage pans.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonmariexoxo

Annabelle's Mommy! (:
So this is probably a really dumb question, but I'm looking at Martin's Cages and they have the choice of drop-in pan and pull-out pan. Which style pan is the best? I feel like I know the answer, but I'm wrong a lot of the time. Haha. Soooo... drop-in or pull-out pan?

I would think the slide-out pan would be easier to remove for cleaning. I have a Quality Cage Chinchilla Townhome and I personally love how the pan just slides right out.

That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure because I thought I may not be thinking of all aspects. Haha.

I would think the slide-out pan would be easier to remove for cleaning. I have a Quality Cage Chinchilla Townhome and I personally love how the pan just slides right out.
Does it make a difference what kind of pan you have if you use fleece instead of bedding? Or is it all basically the same?

Sliding a pan of bedding out would probably be a whole lot better then lifting it out. I love how my cage has a slide out pan, makes cleaning a whole lot easier.

The pull out pan has a wire floor over the pan. The drop in pan does not have a wire floor.

You will love a slide out pan, they are extremely easy to clean and keeps messes down~

Back