Question about cage for separated chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyWife

Right now I have two chins, one we've had for about 4 months and the other we've only had for about 4 days. We're looking to get a bigger cage eventually and house them together but keep them in separate levels. It is a male and female pair and I don't plan on breeding them but may get the male neutered eventually and them house them together.

Is it ok to house them in the same cage but have them separated by levels? Are there any cages out there that are built like that but can be made into one big cage if I neuter the male? I'm not 100% familiar with all the cages since I'm still new at the whole chinchilla thing. If anyone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Many people will recommend the Ferret Nation. I have the double layer and it's an extremely sturdy cage and easy to clean :)) it can be separated into 2 separate levels or used as one big cage. Good luck!

I vote for the Ferret Nation also! My rats are in a double FN that is seperated with boys on top and girls underneath...perfect! I have another double FN that my chin boys share...perfect! Last but not least, my ferret has the pleasure of a double FN all to himself...perfect! Oh, did I mention that I think the double FN is perfect! :thumbsup:

if you are looking for a used cage (much cheaper!) then go looking for the FN 142.

if you are buying new, then it would most likely be the FN 182 available in stores now. the 182 is exactly the same as the 142, but they now make the FN a 'no tool assembly' design.

Latest posts

Back