question about cage cleaning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinewifey4433

just a quick question... when I clean their cage, is clorox wipes okay to wipe the pans out? I cover them back up with the fleece, but just wanted to make sure:hmm:

( DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS SO IF IT'S IN THE WRONG PLACE SORRY)

I know alot of people use vinegar and water, but I don't know which kind of vinegar to use. I have white and apple cider vinegar. And I need to know how much vinegar to water to use.

I use a 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water.

I would not use clorox except on heavy cleaning days when you have time to let the pans sit out in the sun and the bleach to dry up completely.

I use a 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water.

I would not use clorox except on heavy cleaning days when you have time to let the pans sit out in the sun and the bleach to dry up completely.

Okay I didn't think it was :) Thank you, I clean the cages like 3 times a day lol. I am OCD and can't stand dirty anything. As soon as I see a poop, out comes the vacume and it get's vacumed lol. Expecially when I put their dust house in there and they take turns dusting. It's sooooo cute! One dust's for about 3 minutes , and then gets out ,and the other gets in ,and then they keep switching but man it makes a mess lol. But totally worth the cuteness! :wink2:

I use Clean Cage from because vinegar makes me throw up. It's more costly than the vinegar/water mix. But if you're ever looking for an alternative, there ya go!

i use a lot of different methods to clean my cages. when i do a thourough clean, like changing liners, i remove everything, then vacuum poop and i do use a clorox wipe to clean the pan. i then wipe it with a damp paper towel before putting the fleece back down.
i also use a cleaner that is call sun & earth:

www.sunandearth.com

it smells like orange and is non toxic. i dont spray it when they are in the cage, typically i spray it on a paper towel and then wipe their marble tiles and sometime their shelves.

the smell of vinegar makes me nauseous and i know my way is way less cost effective but i can not smell vinegar for the hour or 2 that it takes me to clean all the cages.

i do also use hydrogen peroxide on the wood shelves if they pee.....i only have 1 or 2 that sometimes do that.

I use one of four things to clean any of my cages - Nature's Miracle, Orange-Oxy Nature's Miracle or Fizzion. For quick shelf wipes between cage cleaning I use GreenWorks wipes.

I use peroxide to clean my cages. It is cheap, removes the stains and leaves no residue since peroxide left to air out becomes water.

I use Clorox Anywhere spray (it's basically watered down bleach in a spray bottle). It's non-toxic and kills germs while still safe to use around kids, pets, and food!

I use a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar. I will not put bleach in my chins cage.

I will not use vinegar as I hate the smell. I use the Clean Cage stuff SamiJami linked to, and also some hydrogen peroxide sprayed on a paper towel to wipe down ledges/tiles/wheel. I don't know how effective it is, but it seems to remove pee stains. Nature's Miracle is also great stuff but I haven't bought any in a while.

I use nature's miracle for really thorough cleaning...but I also change their cage once every six days so it stays pretty clean even without scrubbing it down.

I like a 50/50 mix of filtered water and distilled white vinegar. I'm OCD too and it does a really good job. I don't think my Bella even could smell anything when I was done because right after that she started using her litter pan instead of going all over her cage :)

When it's just a quick clean, and not time for 50/50 white vinegar & water, I use unscented baby wipes to wipe down pans. I also wouldn't use clorox wipes...

Latest posts

Back