QC Shelf Guards

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeLilChins

Viva Chinchilli Day!
Do you love them? They are $13 each so I really wanted a few testimonials to see if they make a difference with untidiness.

Squishy likes to pee on her shelves (the corners with the wire >:/). I love her so but she is a P-I-G pig! Would the shelf guards help prevent the wood going bad too early?

We just took both cages apart and steam cleaned to get ready for the renovations and moving into our new house next month (so excited!). Squishy has minimal shelves left in tact. She is currently stuck toward the bottom of the mansion with the top tied for security. Still deciding if I can bond Luna and her or will need to split the mansion with Squishy on the bottom.

Dad and I are going to Home Depot today to begin making the shelves. Would the QC shelf guards be the best investment or should I consider the metal shelves for Squishy's situation? Luna, Pooky and Tulip could all maintain their wood shelves but still are the cage guards worth it?

I'm not sure if noise is a consideration factor for you, but I had to remove it soon after because it was making too much noise for me. The shelf guard is hung loosely on the top part and let loose altogether on the bottom part, so whenever my chins run on the wheel, it would make a lot of rattling noise hitting the cage from all sides...

If the cage is not near your bedroom or your chins are not ridiculously active, I think it would help your situation though. :)

Back