Pumice locally

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewdrop

Alright, help me out here.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out where I can find pumice locally in bulk. (I love ya'll here and your stores....just trying to find more stuff local :) )

I've read people online about pumice at garden supplies. My husband wondered about rock quarries....etc...

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Anyone!?

Or is anyone here who sells willing to cut me a deal??

My research is leading dry. I've found it's mined, but not finding much in the way of specific mines/suppliers....and can find it supposedly at garden supply stores. but they appear to be pebble sized.

Glad I'm not alone!

Ironically I guess today they decided to reopen a mine in NM..

The cost to ship really isn't all that much. For example, a small flat rate box can hold about 20 oz of my golf ball sized stones. That's about 25 rocks in a small flat rate. Priced at $1 oz with shipping it's only going to cost a little more than $25...IF you want the box packed full.

Hmm....now that I think about it, I could offer a deal of a flat $25 for a packed full small flat rate including the shipping. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm thinking way more bulk than 20oz though. Which is whyit'd be ideal to just find it locally :)

I need to weigh what I have left so I have a better idea of just how much though. My boys are pumice hogs, I have to remake toys once a week roughly.

Ok.....I can fit 130 oz in a medium flat rate box.
If you really want bulk like that, I'll do free shipping.

Latest posts

Back