Pulled out a poo!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found them in my new car... the glovebox, my purse...the list goes on.

I've gotten to work thinking there was a rock in my shoe. Nope, it was chin poop. It's been in my hair, car, bra, purse, at my office, the list goes on...

Yea, I fine them everywhere, sometimes I can help but scratch my head and wonder if they dont get out on their own at night and go exploring and then go back home before I wake. The odd places I find little poops.

I thought this was going to be about something else...once in a great while Bubs will pick up his poops and try to eat them. But one time i swear i saw him reach down, grab a poo that was on its way out of his butt, pull it right out and pop it in his mouth. Sigh

:vomit: LOL....Yes, I know they can and sometimes do that, from reading these boards. I think that Jasper has done that a time or 2 as well....Gaaaahhhh. Just glad it's not the kind of poo we humans are used to. My hubby thinks it's gross that I'll pick it up to kind of inspect it, but it's practically the same coming out as going in so no biggie...

All I know is that I'm kind of glad I decided to get one Chin for now because the amount of poo is just astonishing!!!! I recall reading on here that they poo once every 30 or 60 seconds and that's "normal". :hmm:

I actually read somewhere on the internet, that Chins produce two types of poo, and one of them they eat. I think it helps with their internal goings on. I dont know how much truth to this there is, but both mine do it as well.

I actually read somewhere on the internet, that Chins produce two types of poo, and one of them they eat. I think it helps with their internal goings on. I dont know how much truth to this there is, but both mine do it as well.

Whoa! I'll have to look for more info on that. I'm not sure Bubs is doing it for nutritional reasons... In fact he only seems to start eating poop when he is annoyed with me or trying to demonstrate his boredom (give me more toys Mom or I will eat all this poop I swear!!)

That is interesting! Gross, but interesting :) I love learning new things about Jasper everyday... He's really starting to come out of his shell and he's just so entertaining and intriguing!!!! I love him so much already, and I think my hubby has a soft spot for him too. <3

Latest posts

Back