Progress!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaturtletayy

I had to share this with you guys since my mom didn't seem to appreciate it as much, haha.

So as I've mentioned in some of my other posts, Stanley is not a huge fan or people. I got him from a Mom and Pop pet store that specializes in mainly reptiles, so I know that he didn't get much love or attention besides the bare minimum. Because of that, he really wasn't a huge fan of people since he didn't have the proper socializing with them. He didn't like being touched or even when I would get close to his cage (he would run and hide in his house when I would open up his cage to change his food and bedding).

Fast forward to today. He's starting to become a lot friendlier with me. When I talk to him he perks his ears up and acts like he's actually listening to me. And he's gotten a lot better about me putting my hand in his cage. He usually will just give it a sniff or two and move. But today when I put my hand in his cage it was different!! He came and sniffed it and then started grooming me! (At least I assumed he was grooming me.) He was giving me light little nibbles all over. None of them hurt and he didn't seem to be angry when he was doing it.

Needless to say, I am very excited if the grooming was the case! I'm so glad he's starting to become comfortable with me and we're beginning to really bond! I just had to share with others that would understand my excitement, haha.

my first chin that i took in would freak out if i so much walked near his cage. After many years, now hes the friendliest guy ever. So i absolutely understand your excitement over being able to do that. Having things like happen are great to witness.

Back