probably a dumb questionn but....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orlandochins

I have a chin that is due any moment...her normal weight is around 650 and as of last week she weighed 962...I can see the babies kick so I know she is preggers...I thought she would have given birth a few days ago but still nothing from my chin but I saw something strange happen last night.....I took Mama out of her cage so that I could clean it so I put her in with Dad while I was doing this...when I was done cleaning she was sleeping cuddled up next to him so I let her be to rest....went in a hour later and Dad was trying to mate with her...of course I took her out and put her back up in her cage...but I thought that if she were preggers dad wouldn't try to mate until she gave birth.....I know she is due any day so is this normal?????

She can become pregnant again before she even delivers. Unless you want a breedback (and it's probably too late anyhow), you'll want to pull the dad.

I put her back in her cage right away so she is by herself again....I am hoping I interrupted before it got anywhere but I know it can happen in a blink of an eye...only one way to know...start the new count down to 111 days..sigh

Latest posts

Back