Privacy Cover for Ferret Nation Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRose

I was wondering if anyone had the following or any ideas for me...

http://www.petsupplies.com/item/privacy-cover-for-ferret-and-critter-nation/650386/

Basically my current problem is that I have a foster kitten who has become too interested in the chins. He doesn't try to attack he just likes to reach out and touch them and he can climb to the top of the cages. He does the same with the rabbit in the living room who doesn't mind him, if she is not in the mood for him she just goes to the area of her enclosure that he cannot get to. But it ticks off the chins if the cat is near and they will try to bite his toes. Anyhow I banned him from my room where the chins are, I don't want to take chances. But I've gone several nights with him meowing his head off outside my bedroom door and loud thumps against the door as he tries to reach the door knob at about hour intervals. Not good since my apt does not allow cats and I don't want the neighbors to hear him. So I gave up and am sleeping on the couch in the living room with the cat. I really can't keep that up forever (or at least my back can't) and I have no way of knowing when he will get adopted. So I looked at this and just trying to get some ideas of what people have done. Maybe something I can make?

I made 2 covers of fleece. I made them with three sides and left the front open.
Is it the top of your cage that causes a problem? Not sure if covering all sides would be too hot for them? Can you roll your cage into the hall or something at night?

Back