Prevue cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraucci

I tried to search through threads for reviews of Prevue brand cages after being in search of a cage that my chin can't chew any part of (we're on our second Kaytee ferret cage and I'm not going to be buying one every other year for 20 years or watch him eventually get sick because he loves to chew!), but I didn't find much.

Does anyone know if the Jumbo Ferret Cage (475) (http://prevuepet.com/product/517/jumbo-ferret-cage-475) is actually safe for chins and if it holds up well? Steel seems like a great choice, but I don't want to pay all that money unless it's going to last. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated before I order it (online).

Thank you!

My chin came with this exact cage. She is roughly 5 years old and I assume she has been in this cage her whole life. the shelves and ramps and bottom are super rusty. I am going to need to fix them soon. Also the wheels are not top quality. But otherwise I am really happy with it. I only use 4 shelves and one ramp. I have had to make some fleece bumpers to put on the outside because she flings poop.

I used to have that cage. It was a pain to clean and got rusty, but it worked alright as a cage. I was also disappointed that I couldn't do much in the way of decorating and hanging chews!

It's probably around the same cost as a single level Ferret Nation or you might even be able to find a double on sale. They are pretty much the cage that everyone raves about.

I have the feisty ferret cage from them and you need to get some sort of flooring plans that are not plastic. Bass will do custom orders. The wheels are not good quality but it works and is a good price. Please make sure you remove ALL plastic from the cage and replace with safe wood shelving. Another thing I'm not a fan of is it doesn't have two doors on each floor so that can be annoying but good if you're on a budget otherwise ferret and critter nation are the best way to go.

Latest posts

Back