Pregnant rescue with gross belly fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

My recent rescues were a male and female pair, thought to be father and son. The female has been seperated, though she is huge and gaining weight like crazy, pretty sure she is pregnant.
When they got here they had no food, so they were put straight on Tradition. The female developed diarrhea immediatly, and it cleared up after only a couple days but she now has what looks like a wet sticky yellowish stained belly, its only on her lower half from her cone to her mid stomach. her fur is very thin and her skin looks irritated and slightly red. There is no smell to it, but it hasn't improved at all. I've given her dust baths which don't do anything for it either.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what might be going on with her and what can I do to clear it up before she has kits! BTW the male never developed diarrhea nor the wet sticky fur.

I would take her in-- couldn't that be a sign of pyometra? Even if there is no smell, if the discharge was continuous I would be worried. I hope someone with experience can answer soon.

Latest posts

Back