Pregnant female???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I finally have the acidophilus, but mama chin did not want to eat it. So in turn I crushed up 1/4 of the acidophilus tablet and ripped about 1/3 of raisin off and rolled the 1/3 in the crushed up acidophilus. She took it and ate it. Is this ok? Or does anyone have some ideas for me? Thank you!

I agree with Ticklechin, she should not still be having problems.
BTW, the raisin probably negated any good she got from the acidolphilus.

When I buy acidophilus, I get the capsules that you can open. I sprinkle the powder on the chin's pellets. I have never had a problem with them eating it.

Poo with holes in it can be gas, it can be giardia, both can have a slimey surface, post a picture to confirm what you have is abnormal. Self treating a chin without first hand knowledge of what you are treating is not a great idea.

If this chin has a GI issue that has been this ongoing, acidophilus will not be your answer. You have to use a high bacterial count acidophilus-over 20 billion and you use in in conjuction with other treatments, its not a stand alone product when treating GI issues. If there still is a concern and it has lasted weeks, you need a vet, not internet advice which in this case has gone on too long.

Back