Pregnancy in Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_2013

How long are Chins pregnant? Eleanor is most likely NOT pregnant. But our AC went out and I had to relocate her and Rigby to my moms work for the time being. They are in a cage with a metal wire divider that is wrapped in fleece. BUT. Rigby decided to be a brat and dig the fleece away from the divider and got up in between the fleece and divider and I know they can breed through bars. I just want to know when I should be looking for serious signs of pregnancy just in case. I am going to be keeping a closer eye on her in any case.

The gestation for chinchillas is approx 111 days -- so about 4 months. So you've got some time before you'd notice any pregnancy signs... if you even noticed the signs before she was to deliver. A good indication of pregnancy is weight gain -- so if you have a gram scale, you could check her weight now and keep weighing every so often... and if she was pregnant, she'd have the most weight gain right around the end of the pregnancy....

Thanks! I hope I don't have to worry about it. But if it happens. I will most likely end up keeping the kits, since it would have been my fault.

I will mark today's date in my calender so that I can be watching. Can I get A gram scale from Walmart?

I believe you can. They should have some in the kitchen section - used to weigh food. You'll be wanting to get a digital one.

Back