Potty training material?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinny

I have read on here about potty training and have picked up a dish to use. The thing is it is recommended to use the old bedding. I have put new fresh bedding in the dish but don't have any old since I use fleece. What should I do?

Should I just put it in a corner that I think she is using the most and hope she takes to it anyway?

i just put some KD pine in the baking dish and they have been using it pretty well so far.

Same i put some pin chips in a glass baking dish and instantly he took to it. I didn't have to put any already soiled chips in it, he just knew that's where i go pee pee in lol. Ozzy is a smart little chin

Oh that is nice. When I attempted that she started to pull the pieces out and eat on them. I then changed them to a piece of the old fleece. I am not for sure if that is going to work though. Did you do this as soon as you got your chin or moved to a new cage?

How do you guys do it? After the wood bedding chips get on your fleece liner, they just grab on.

Oh that is nice. When I attempted that she started to pull the pieces out and eat on them. I then changed them to a piece of the old fleece. I am not for sure if that is going to work though. Did you do this as soon as you got your chin or moved to a new cage?

He was without one for a good week and a half before i could go get one for him. Then i switched him to fleece and put the wood chips i was using for bedding in it and that's all it took. Not why he took so quickly to it, but hes never urinated on his fleece since i switched him over

I also use fleece and I put two baking dishes (2chins, each can have his own) in the cage with pine shavings. As soon as I put them in the cage the first chin used the dish, the second chin had one accident and that was it. There are shavings from time to time on the fleece, but I am not putting to many shavings in the dishes, so most stays in there. I clean them very day, but it takes no time at all.

They do like to eat the shavings - but they won't eat them all. I'd put the shavings back in the dish. :))

Latest posts

Back