Potty trained?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes and no. I have a couple of litter pans in my chin's favorite pee spots, and for the most part, that is where she goes. But she does have the occasional "accident". For my chin, corners are her favorite areas, so I just try to have all of the other corner areas blocked with something.

Four of my chinchillas are, and one is most of the time. Of course, their litter pans are just for them to pee and they will poo everywhere.

I just recently switched my boys from bedding to fleece. It's been about a week and a half. When I pulled the fleece out to shake it out on Monday night it was completely dry! I was shocked. They are 5ish and 7ish yrs old and are peeing only in the dish. I figured with them being older it would take longer for them to get the hang of it, but I am happily mistaken. They used to pee in every corner of the cage before I switched too. I'll be pulling the fleece out tonight and from the looks of the litter pan, it should be dry. There is still poo as far as they can throw it in all directions though, of course.

My chin is almost litter trained. For the last week, she's been going mostly in her tray, but still going a little bit outside of it. Almost there!

2 of my 3 are potty trained. I'm still working on the third. She likes to perch on the edge of the litter pan and pee off the side :banghead:

Latest posts

Back