Post pictures of your Martin's Cages!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geistkatze

I have an opportunity to get a Martin's Skyscraper for really cheap. I was wondering if anyone had one, and if they could post pictures. To be honest they're kind of ugly cages but a lot of people around here are good with decorating cages- so show me what you have, please.

I also know you have to take out the ramps and add solid surfaces. Is it easier to remove the ramps/ledges built in and add your own or just cover them with other (secure) materials?

We have had 2. I removed the whole interior and replaced with wood shelves and ramps. This let us have bigger doors. Also had pull out trays under a wire floor which I liked.

Thanks- I looked at yours earlier in the day and that's what made me decide to ask about the one available. What size are yours?

They were about 2x2x4. I bought new pans from Bass and put on QC doors. Roller stands came from McD's. Don't know if the pictures show the last modifications.

The cages went with the chins when they were adopted. I am looking at the new Martin cages. With the stands and castors, no interiors and bigger doors, the price is the same as a QC Mansion or a FN 142 and pans. They are all near $250 delivered. I do like the 1/2 by 1 galv after welding American made wire. It's better than QC's galv before welding wire. I'd much rather have either than the FN, of which I have 3.

A client bought the Martin big cage. Biggest one I have ever seen. I'd put an extra door in the back of that one.

I currently have a martin's skyscraper- this pic is from when I had just got it last year (cheap craigslist find). I'm looking to sell this soon, as I'm switching over to an FN 142. But for the time being, its been worth it.

DSC_0054-2.jpg

I would post pictures of mine. Except I am overhauling the cages really soon. I am going to start planning.

Latest posts

Back