Possible UTI?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmice

Full-Time Chinnies Parent
When Laffy is having his play time today, my hubby found out that Laffy is kinda dripping urine. We then weighted him and realized that Laffy dropped a around 8 gram of weight.

He then placed Laffy back in cage and Laffy went straight to his pee pan. We brought him out again and this time around we did not spot any urine stains anymore. So now we are wondering if it is serious because we are thinking of bringing him to the vet. Laffy is still as active , he is still taking in water and pellets.

Could it be the season of mating? Because the girl's cage is just beside him. He is always leaning towards the girl's cage and making noises to them. Their cages are only about 15 cm apart.

I will be watching this thread as well- I posted a question similar to this. My male chin that seems to be leaking has a female around him too- just like yours he too is eating, drinking, playing normally.

I have never noticed a male leaking......even my males in breeding

I have never see Laffy leak before too. It is not really the tap dripping kind. But it is more of the little urine stains around. I am gonna keep a close watch on Laffy's weight. So far i have noticed his poops are normal, hopefully nothing is wrong with him.

I will be watching this thread as well- I posted a question similar to this. My male chin that seems to be leaking has a female around him too- just like yours he too is eating, drinking, playing normally.

Hi i think your chin might possibly have UTI or bladder stone. We asked our vet and she told us that pee dripping and having a female around has no relations.
Maybe you could book an appointment for your chin?

Yeah I saw the other thread with the bladder stone! That thing was huge! Yeah I'll have to make an appointment to get the poor guy checked out. Thanks!

Yeah I saw the other thread with the bladder stone! That thing was huge! Yeah I'll have to make an appointment to get the poor guy checked out. Thanks!

Hopefully nothing is wrong with him. Keep us updated ya? :)

Since there is already another thread about this, I'm going to close this one. No point in having two of the same thing running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back