Possible Sulky Chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Dexcell

Chinpeccable
Hi guys,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Whenever we put our two chins back into their cage after playtime, Chang does this:
t4zj85.jpg

She only ever seems to do this if we don't put her dustbath in the cage. We put it in there every other night as my wife and I read that they shouldn't really have it everyday due to getting irritated dry skin/fur.
Also, at what age do females start their heat cycles? I believe our girls are coming up to roughly 7 months old now.
If any of you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.

Haha. I've learnt she seems to be a bit of a diva compared to our other girl Chinch. Chinch doesn't really care and just goes with the flow.
So you guys reckon this is nothing to worry about then?
We would give them a bit longer playtime but they are still only little. They get 40 mins out their cage a day.

Chins definitely have personality, that's for sure!

Your girls could have their cycles anytime if they haven't already.

God, I think my wife will thank you for posting those pics. She was getting a bit worried as to why Chang was doing the whole sulky act!

Thanks for your posts everyone. All info appreciated!

Chins definitely have personality, that's for sure!

Your girls could have their cycles anytime if they haven't already.

Thanks. I think Chang (pictured) is possibly starting hers now. I think I noticed a bit of white stuff on her privates when she was climbing the cage last night. Thing is, it's so hard to check as she doesn't really like to be picked up and handled too much.

God, I think my wife will thank you for posting those pics. She was getting a bit worried as to why Chang was doing the whole sulky act!

Well i was a bit concerned when i first saw it too. It just looked so odd.

Sometime i think maybe its them getting close to the bars for the coolness that comes from them. Chin using them kinda like a chinchiller slab or something. Never know with these chins'

Jackie looks a lot like that when we are late for treat time. They get their treat at the same time daily and if we are late Jackie is just pathetic. He will even dig at the bars. Of course he always gets his way so he's trained us well.

Back