Possible problem?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

One of my friends has a hedgehog, and she's had him for about a year- year and half. About two days ago she came up to me and told me that her mom wouldn't let her keep him anymore, she's not one of my closest friends, so I was wondering why she was telling me, then she asked me that if she absolutely can't keep him if I wanted him. I said I would dicuss it with my family. Then the next day I asked her if she had talked to her mom, and she said that her mom said she wanted him gone, but she's gonna keep him until her mom 'flips out.' So, do I try to convince her to let him go, or should I wait. I just don't want the poor hedgie to get hurt from the mom doing something stupid, and I know that Elizbeth loves him deeply, but I don't think she knows much about hedgies (less than me and I know notta).

Mikayla

Mikayla. I would suggest that you provide her with a couple of email address for rescues in Colorado. There are several really great hedgehog people in Colorado that take in rescues.

One is Z. G. Standing Bear at the Flash & Thelma Memorial Hedgehog Rescue. He is in Divide. [email protected] or phone at (800)735-3160

Another is Teresa Johnson at Homeward Bound Hedgehogs. She is in Colorado Springs and is also the Rescue Coordinator of the International Hedgehog Association. [email protected] or [email protected]

Don't hesitate to call or email them even if you are not near Divide or CO Springs.

Oh. One additional thing I should note, Flash and Thelma and Teresa do not further adopt out hedgehogs and former caretakers can check in on them, and receive email and per Standing Bear, at least for F&T, old owners can get photos, and even visit.

Thanks Kalandra. I tried the rescue route, and she doesn't want to 'give him out to a stranger.' o_O So, I don't want to push her, and to rehome the baby to someone who doesn't really 'care' in the longterm, I told her to come and talk to me when it gets out of hand. I just have this feeling that this will all just kind of melt away, and then all the sudden she'll bombard me with having me take him the very next day. Because it's what she will do because she's Elizabeth :p.

Latest posts

Back