poor boy had a bad hair ring

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partygirlha

none of my boys have ever had much of a hairring problem. So i've gotten lazt on monthly checks. well tonight Mouse didn't want to come out to play... I got worried and picked him up. He looked physically fine but clearly was not feeling well. so I did a check - poor boy had an icky ring. I got it off but it was clearly making him unhappy - and didn't enjoy my fussing. He seems to be feeling a bit better now - but I think his dignety is still wounded as he's hiding in his cage now.

Thanks to a this forum I was told the proper way to check for hair ring. Just did that today to both boys and yep I'm their worst enemy, won't even take the treat off my hand after is how much they officially hate me.

I'm going to play videos of the hair ring checks on a big screen for my chin to watch, that way he can't say I didn't warn him. Although this won't change his reaction, I will avoid feeling like a big alien probing him.

Latest posts

Back