Poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

I think im just being paranoid, but my vet is out of town this week, so im freaking out.

Tainga has always had small droppings compared to my other 3 chins. In this picture the poop in question was collected within a 3-5min time period. I was rubbing her belly. Her cage mate's poop was collected in double that amount of time. She produced less droppings, but they are larger in size and took longer to produce.

My vet is back Monday, but has no openings until the 26th. They are open 24/7 and i could always go in as an emergency after she comes back. I have set an appointment for the 26th in case i need it.

Should i wait it out or drive further to a vet that has bad reviews? Am i just being paranoid?

Attachments

• WP_20150416_002.jpg
    WP_20150416_002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
Is she behaving any differently? Has her eating changed? How have her poops been since then?

I'm not sure I'd rush off to a vet based solely on what you've described. I'd just stop treats for a while and feed only hay and pellets, and monitor her food/water intake as well as her poops from then on.

One thing I've noticed with my Rosey, is that when she's been sleeping for a while without any activity, her poops are a bit smaller than usual, but when she gets up and runs around a bit, the poops return to normal size.

If your chin stops pooping, or has a vastly reduced amount of poop, or if she stops eating or drinking, then you need go to a vet ASAP.

thank you

She acts normally. This is a picture of what's been worrying me. When I wake up I see a few of these. This had gone on for about a week, so I'm starting to think its normal and I just never noticed.
It's hard to be sure which chin it is since they live together and to monitor their intakes is tough as well. Yesterday I took their pellets away and put extra hay in its place and the hay was eaten almost entirely, only scraps left behind on the floor. I also have a probiotic a few days ago and would like to give another, but am worried about over doing it.

Is it at all possible this could be from no longer showing her yogurt drops. I stopped because they are so bad for them and its about the time o noticed her poops change.

Attachments

• WP_20150417_001.jpg
    WP_20150417_001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 19
Has the weight stayed steady? If you are not weighing the chin on a regular basis, I would start doing so just to be on the safe side, the poo don't look bad to me but the question of it being normal or not would prompt me to weigh the chin for a couple of weeks, same time each day. If the weight is steady, I would not worry, weight loss is usually the very first sign of any problem.

Latest posts

Back