Poll..Chin spin or Flying saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one do you vote for?

• Chin Spin

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • Flying Saucer

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
I read somewhere that the Chin Spin can cause back problems because of the way their spine is shaped..has anyone else heard of this?
Some wheels that are not large enough in diameter could injure a chin's back but the 15" Chin Spin from Quality Cages should cause no harm. If you had a super large chinnie than the Flying Saucer might be a better choice since there seems to be no issues with that but my chinnies do not like the FS, they love the Chin Spin though.

I've been debating but I think I'm going to go with the chin spin because it's very similiar to the wheel she has now. I hope she likes it.
:confused:

Some wheels that are not large enough in diameter could injure a chin's back but the 15" Chin Spin from Quality Cages should cause no harm. If you had a super large chinnie than the Flying Saucer might be a better choice since there seems to be no issues with that but my chinnies do not like the FS, they love the Chin Spin though.

Thanks! I have a smaller built chinny than most I have seen on here so may be the chin spin will work for Herby. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

A lot of the time it depends on the chin. My chin, Minnie, cannot figure out a chin spin for the life of her, but she runs like a pro on the saucer. My girl, Trousers, can run on a saucer, but she prefers the chin spin. On the whole, I would lean toward the saucer because it's quieter (well, at least quieter than Trousie's chin spin, which can be heard throughout the entire house) and because I've heard they're better on their backs.

I am glad that there was a poll for this. I was searching around to see what was preferred. I have a custom-made Chin Spin but I was curious to see if a flying saucer was the better choice. I'm thinking of investing in a flying saucer eventually to see which my chins prefer.

I've had a Chin Spin for years, the 15" one. Sierra flies on the thing but she has never been flipped upside down.

I have a flying saucer, Chinzilla loves it! He uses it for both an exercise wheel and a trampoline - dual functionality, gotta love it!! He has the best time with it, and it didn't take any time at all to get the hang of it. I got it because I was a little worried after watching him in the wheel types because he likes to jump off of stuff into the wheel as well as entering/exiting while the thing is still moving - that's another one of his games. He also likes to stand on his hind legs and "do the hula" on his saucer, which he was not able to do in a wheel. He's a ton of laughs to watch, especially if he knows he's being watched. Anybody considering a flying saucer should really bypass the plastic ones and go for the metal one. The plastic ones are supposedly tip proof, uh, no theyr'e not - been there, done that. They're more expensive, but he enjoys his soooooo much!!

I vote flying saucer...only because that is what we have here. I would have loved to have tried the chin spin but it is really expensive to get shipped in to Canada.

I own both, but I picked chin spin because some of my chins have never been able to catch on to how to run on the saucer.

My chins all learned to use their flying saucers, but my mosaic does not use his anymore since we put him in his larger cage... I'm wondering if we should buy him a chin spin?

Back