Pod Cups?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most woods that are safe for birds are safe for chins however it does not say what type of wood...perhaps ask before you purchase it. Also inquire about the paint but otherwise the contents are fine if both of those things are safe.

Certain things on bird toys are not chin safe such as plastic pieces and leather parts. Those are the main things I look for when deciding if they are chin safe.

Its cute :) Hope it works out

Things for Wings uses food grade dye. As for the pod cups, I've asked around and they're usually made with birch which is safe, but there's a chance it could be maple which I've read isn't. Unfortunately the wholesellers I've contacted can't be sure what you'll get since they mix it all up. Pod cups, stars, hearts, and "hardwood" cut outs are this way.

i've bought from Danita over at thingsforwings a couple of times and she is always happy to answer questions for me regarding the toy materials, and she always has the answers i'm looking for. just fire off an email and ask! :))

she has so much chin safe stuff, you could have a nice order from her without any pod cups in it. i love that she carries PPBN wood!

I tried doing some research on these things as well, and the only thing I could come up with other then they are also called "bell cups" is that they are some kind of natural something. But no one ever said what kind of natural thing they were. Oh and that they are bleached to give an even all over white color because I guess there actually pretty dark.

Back