Pocket is growing up!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
I decided to take some photos of my little lady today since she's just looking too darn pretty. She's just shy of four months and just growing out wonderfully. She's still got baby fur that needs to get going! The baby fur is stained yellow from her laying in mom's pee puddles to nurse and it's cottony. The adult fur coming in looks great!

Who's ear is that??
ear.jpg

It's a Pocket ear!!!
pocket2.jpg

She's getting nice and blocky now too!
Pocket.jpg

"Stop taking pictures mom!"
Nopicture.jpg

"Maybe if I scrunch down she can't take pictures..."
nopicture2.jpg

"There must be some escape from this paparazzi!"
pocketescape.jpg

"STOP!!!"
pocketescape2.jpg

"Fine! You can just look at my butt then..."
pocketbutt.jpg

I also had a trouble maker last week...he decided he could escape his cage and managed to wedge himself so tightly that he cut off circulation to his back legs. It happened sometime in the night and I found him at 6am the next morning. Thank goodness I woke up early! We had some intensive care hours after I found him and tried to get him pooping. He got dusted, fed, watered and just outright spoiled with constant attention. After about an hour we got a poop and two hours later he was able to use one of the back legs. Now a week later, he acts like nothing happened. *sigh* One of these chinnies will be the death of me, I swear.

Here he is being all innocent and sleeping...
Cujosleeping.jpg

And a close up of his sleepy face...
Cujosleepyface.jpg

Here he is when he was still dragging the back legs. Wondering why I'm snapping pictures when he was trying to eat in peace..
Cujo.jpg

And lastly, for kicks! Here is DD showing off her rolls while she drinks water. I've moved the water bottle up three times and she still scrunches under it like a tard. She just likes to drink like that, lol.
DD.jpg

Poor Pocket, she needs to come live with L&L in Ohio... the paparazzi isn't nearly so bad here ;-) Everyone is adorable Tab!!

Pocket is adorable Tabitha! Looks like an adorable tattoo of dripping paint on her ears!

Keeping my fingers crossed for your little trouble maker! What/where in the world did he get himself wedged in so tight to create such a problem for himself???

I'm in love! Miss Pocket is so purdy. She wants to move in with Miss Shelly. DD told me she's coming with Button. Just thought I would let you know. :D

Thanks everyone! Pocket has a crazy little personality and she usually spends all day entertaining me with her antics.

Juanita, there was a tiny gap, less than an inch wide and he managed to get almost his entire body through before slipping down the door and getting wedged. You can imagine my surprise when I walked into the chin room to find a baby hanging out of a cage door at me. It was like a bad 3D movie! Thankfully, he is just fine now and back to popcorning and acting like a kit.

Yikes - I have a couple of larger than normal gaps in my cage doors that I keep an eye on. Nothing has ever happened but now that I have heard your story, I might want to re-hang them. They are not quite an inch but slightly over 1/2 inch (someone wasn't using a level when they made my cages)! :)

Pocket's ear markings are SO cool! She is such a pretty girl!

Trouble Maker and Rolls are adorable too!!!

Back