Plug of some sort

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Pig

I found this plug with a female who has had a male accessing her for a month. This plug was still moist but pinkish-red tint to it and it smells kinda rotten. Its very stinky and I looked at her opening and there is no discharge or smell from her. Any ideas is it a heat plug or breeding plug??

plug_zps42fcf009.jpg

I've never seen it with a pink color on it. You may want to play it safe and have a Vet check her. It also looks like it's been nibbled on?

I will be counting for sure! Havent had babies since July.... so far no one is preg. either (till maybe now) Should I be worried about the smell? I've never found them so 'fresh' before so I didnt know if that was normal?

I have witnessed a small amount of blood with first time breeders or matings that were rough/frequent. I would count down for kits, watch her food and water intake closely but also check her genital area for symptoms.

If the plug is older the small amount of blood would be the cause of rotting smell most likely. It could also have been peed on. Not a nice smelling combo.

Latest posts

Back