pls help,sticky chinchilla!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellachinchin

hey there i just got a femalechinchilla her name is stella the previous owners son poured juice all over her so she has pink stains a pretty crust fur on the back of her neck she hs her lava dust bath twice a day but its not helping anyone know what i can do to get rid of the stickiness?

Dust baths will, over time, get it out. If she is ok being held and you have an extra set of hands around, you can always, very carefully, try trimming some of it out or bring her to a vet to see if they can get some of it out.

Please don't try and cut the hair. Chinchilla hair is so short and their skin so thin that cutting them is just too easy. I would try and gently work the crusty part out with my fingers and continue giving dust baths. Unfortunately it can take a long time for fur to regrow and be nice again

As said dust baths help a lot. Baby wipes may help get the stickyness out. You could try using a human comb to gently comb the fur when it is dry. It takes about 3 months for fur to grow back.

I don't feel washing the chin in water is called for in this instance. It is not an easy task and don't recommend it. The animal in the video needs to be bathed to remove urine due to medical condition. The urine burns the chin's skin. This chin is used to having his genital area bathed. They are not bathing the whole chin.

Last edited:
Back