Please help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarlettSugoi

I just did a hair ring check on my male chin. No hair ring, but he wont fully retract, the very tip of his penis is still showing. Instead of a cone with a pointy in it has a flat round end...what do I do

And the worst. I noticed this [in the pic]

It is a sort of bump...is this normal

You can see the large red bump and the penis I spoke of above in the photo

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 58
Is his penis reddish? Does he act normally? Still drink water or less? What about his appetite?

No that normal pink color.

He is acting normal. Eating hay and wood, no pellets that I have seen. And he had not drank water but he does not drink alot.

What about that weird red bump?

It will be hard one to say but I suggest to make an appointment with a vet as soon as possible - I don't want to scared you, but it can be a tumor or unusual happening. In another reason because chinchilla is a prey animal so it usually is good at hiding its painfulness.... therefore you possibly not know that your boy acting normally with his painfulness. I almost lost my boy recently by not noticing his fur ring and it caused a bladder stone. He just acted normally then suddenly became very ill.

If anything apppear suddenly very wrong with your boy, please bring him in emergency vet!!!

Hope it helps you... and good luck on everything!!! Please keep update your boy's news.

You could also try to pull the penis back out and use a bit of KY Jelly to get it to go back in. Are you sure you didnt squeeze it too hard when you pulled it out?

It may have hair on it, from not going back in. Is he messing with it?

He is between 5-6 months old

and he is not messing with it.

im more worried about that red bump. even though now just looking at him it is gone. that confuses me.

but his penis is in. it is just the very very tip that is not. i helped him retract so there is no hair. i will have to try ky jelly

my main thing is, should i freak and worry?

because i cant get him to a vet till mon.

Perhaps I'm way off, but is it possible that that was one of his testicles?

I have read, that chins should not need ring checks that young, as they are not always fully developed? I think the bumps you seen could be have been stated as above, testicles. I think for now, do not freak out. But keep an eye on it, it needs to go away.

The large bump is a testicle? I thought the testicles were behind his anus. Between it and the tail?

And when I held him up later on it was gone. [the bump]

And I have seen his testicles.

I just dont want it to be a tumor.

And should his penis be okay? It is not hanging out, just the very, very tip. :[

that happens to me often. I keep some KY around just for that sort of thing. Pull his penis out a little and put a little KY on it and it should fully retract.

Okay this morning I noticed he urinated, he retracted his penis all on his own, and he had eaten alot of pellets and hay. Besides the fur biting he seems to be back to normal. Now he is sleeping on his cool stone.

Latest posts

Back