please help!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firechick0502

ok so recently my chinchilla has been acting very strange. he goes under his home and just starts scratching. he moved all his bedding to the one side of his cage and now just goes under his house and keeps lifting till he flips it. can anyone help????

Chinchillas can be such strange little animals. Nothing your chin is doing is out of the ordinary. Many chins push the bedding to where they want it and tossing their house around is a favorite past time for some.

What your chin is doing is perfectly normal and they will find and do stuff for entertainment. I have chins 5 minutes after putting new shavings in the cage I see the shaving come flying out because I filled in there "spot".

My chin does the same thing she will not sleep in her house with any shavings !! Some chins just dont like sitting on them lol

Marble does this in the side of her cage she uses as a potty area. She only does it when her bedding needs to be changed, but she will throw bedding out of the cage and into a pile on the other side of the cage and drag her house around too.

My chinchilla, Kindle does that too. She clears out the bedding and likes to lay on the pan itself inside her hidey house.

Back