playtime tonight was amazing !!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlieberman

I felt bad about the girls not getting any play time yesterday so I made sure tonight they got out for a bit

for the first time shy Channel was the first one out running around Juliet was right behind her .. while they are playing I try to get in some extra sewing Juliet was all over me tonight !!!

She kept jumping on my lap while I was trying to sew kinda freaked me out the first time since she has NEVER done that before ! she actually sat there long enough for me to pet her from her head all the way down her back was so cool !! after she jumped down she kept touching the back of my leg not scratching just taking both her front feet and touching my leg tickled like crazy !

even shy Channel was coming closer to me more tonight and hanging out more I even was able to PICK HER UP for a minute without her biting me I did notice one of her eyes is shut but since I cant hold her one handed yet because she is wiggly tomorrow my hubby is going to help me wash her eye and see why it is shut other than that tonight was AMAZING with my girls I honestly feel like they are starting to warm up to me

I got some pictures of Juliet " helping " me sew , Juliet in my pile of fleece / fabric .. got a pic of Channel balancing on the edge of the guinea pig cage bugging my old man piggie Taz just have to figure out how to post them

I am so happy :)

Yay!! My chi chi will only be pet under his conditions and it's been 8 years. He does have to say hi to me constantly when having playtime tho...lol It's just a quick jump to see you and say Hi and run..silly Boy! He does let me pet him in his cage. :) Even nibbles on me. :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear play time is going well with them! Its always more fun when they involve you to lol.

Two things i wanna comment on tho. Maybe its just me, but its something i thought of while reading it. First is sewing while their out. I don't no how you sew, your layout, method, or anything, but id be scared to do that myself. They are just so fast and unpredictable, that i would be scared to have a sharp object out during play time.

And as for the eye being shut. I'm no vet by any stretch, but I'm not sure if washing it is a good idea or not. If there is something keeping the eye shut, forcing it open might not be the best thing for it.
My oldest boys eye was shut one day, scared the heck out me. Vet ended up giving me a medication for it. Said its likely that some sand or something got in his eye. It took a few days, but it cleared up.

It is interesting watching a chins behavior when they are out to play. Alot of my chins are quite different. None of them like being held, but will often climb up over me like yours did, and end up being held. My oldest guy even likes to perch on my hand if its on the floor. Just hops up on their, like a man on his throne lol.

my sewing setup is pretty pet friendly .. I keep all the pins in a pin cushion that I keep right next to me , and my rotary cutter is kept in the shield when I am not using it so things are pretty safe for them .. only thing not safe is my fleece they seem to like to burrow in it and jump around on the pile

Channel will always have eye problem she was just at the vet and I was told she most likely was dropped at some point before coming here and it caused problems with her eye and front leg .. so its hard to tell why the eye is shut now .. could be any number of things I might have to make another vet appt for her

Channel will always have eye problem she was just at the vet and I was told she most likely was dropped at some point before coming here and it caused problems with her eye and front leg .. so its hard to tell why the eye is shut now .. could be any number of things I might have to make another vet appt for her

:cry3:

play time with these girls gets more and more fun every time they are out

tonight I am placing some boxes around the room to give them something to hide in jump off and tear up .. cant wait to see what they do with them :)

play time with these girls gets more and more fun every time they are out

tonight I am placing some boxes around the room to give them something to hide in jump off and tear up .. cant wait to see what they do with them :)

ive always wished i had enough room to do that. Hope they enjoy it! :dance3:

Back