Playtime problem

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiffyChin

I have my 2 boys now for almost a month and I let them out everyday. I don't have a chin proof room but I have a very large playpen and I let them out everyday. When they are out they spend the whole time trying to escape and after a half hour they jump back into their cage (they can go in and out of their cage during playtime.) and don't want to be bothered anymore. I have tubes and their dust bath in there but they hardly go in the tubes. I feel that playtime is suppose to be enjoyable for them but instead its stressful.

Is there anything I can do to make them enjoy playtime?

How big is your playpen? A lot of people put covers on the top of theirs to prevent there chins from getting out. You can drape a piece of fleece over the top to help prevent them from getting out :)

As a side note, lot of people here recommend not letting young chins out for playtime when they are under six months because they can exhaust themselves from not knowing there limits. If you still want to give them playtime, keep it short and make sure they aren't pushing themselves to hard. :)

What tubes do you have in there dust bath? Can they still get in to dust? They might not use it because it's in a inconvenient spot, if it's what I'm thinking of.

I adopted them so they're already 4 :) & I meant I have tubes and huts in the playpen and their dust bath. I have two midwest playpens that I combined.

She doesn't have the tubes in the dust bath. She has the dust bath and the tubes in the playpen.

Back