playtime = fearless???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireflycafe

Stormie & Bella
Hi everyone,

I am very curious how your chins act during playtime when they are out of their cage. Stormie, our baby girl (7mo old) seems fearless when she is in the bathroom running and hopping around. It kinda scares me :unsure:. She would hop on something, and bounce off the wall, and land on the floor. But the thing is, its pretty up high (at least to me, maybe a good 3-4 ft up). Would she get hurt? I am very concerned, and am looking into a playpen right now. Just wanted to get your insight, and that if it is dangerous, I will stop letting her out until I get the playpen...

Thank you :hug2:

*whew* thank you for the reply. I just never seen animal jump from so far up down. It is scary, at least for me. She is probably having a blast though :)

Yea my little guy will sometimes climb up onto the back of the toilet and just jump right up onto the wall and hes always fine although I dont let him do it anymore since it scares me to death

I have kinda been wanting to ask this as well. I'm glad it's normal. My guy runs full speed and faceplants into the side of the toilet, runs up to the counter and jumps 4 feet down to land with a plop. It makes me nervous!!

Mork gets confused by the mirror, he thinks it's an open window, and often jumps into it, face planting and sliding down the wall afterward. Lol. I posted a video of him doing it somewhere on here...

Back