Playpens

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin-baby girls gave me one for Christmas just this week. We have had 2 playtimes so far and I must say we love it. Worth every penny! It is heavy duty, folds up out of the way, it's safe and easy to clean. I put some toys, a maze made out of boxes and some chew sticks and they had a ball. You still have to watch them but it sure beats having to constantly fuss them for chewing on the walls, door, baseboards, etc. There was some heavy duty pop corning going on!

I have 1 like that. It's very easy to open but I can never seem to get it to fold back down to being completely flat. It still is easy to store though.

I don't have one yet. But, when my girls are old enough I plan on buying one like this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zebra-Pet-D...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a573272ef

I wanted the biggest size they had, so I can set over in there with them while they play. :) Plus, its zebra print! I can't decide if I want the zebra print or the leopard print one though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/57-XL-2-Doo...427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256a6f69cb They come in a size bigger then the one you linked as well. Not a bad price for as large as it is, either.

A child could sit in the ware but not an adult unless you leave the top opened a bit. The larger one is a few inches taller but I still don't think an adult would be comfortable. I can't speak to the quality of the larger one but it seems to have the same features and is less expensive. I didn't know about it or I might would have considered it.

I have the large Ware pop-up playpen. It's been used by my chins for 3 years now and everything is still in working order except that after several washes, the bottom is looking a bit worn. Below is a video taken over 2 years ago with my husband sitting inside the playpen with 2 of our chins. He would still fit in there even with the cover zipped on top.

http://youtu.be/c2TBdXkl4lM

IMG_0697.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

41285d8f.jpg

What material are those made out of? Don't the chins chew the fabric? They look just like tents... I have a small tent from when I was little that I think would work fine if it's the same sort of material anyway.

It kind of reminds me of material that tents are made of. It's heavy duty canvas like. My girls have tried to chew a couple of times but nothing like they were doing on the walls and baseboards. I have a cardboard maze, some chew toys and sticks, a paper bag to jump on and hide in, and 2times a week we put their dust bath in. So far that's been enough to entertain them and keep them from chewing on the playpen.

What material are those made out of? Don't the chins chew the fabric? They look just like tents... I have a small tent from when I was little that I think would work fine if it's the same sort of material anyway.

I have used a tent in the past as a play pen, it worked well.

I've been using 6' by 2' cardboard panels that are taped together so they fold for strorage. The down side is that when I'm in there with them I'm isolated from the rest of the house, and if I'm not in there I have NO idea what's going on in there. My husband just gave me 2 of the marshal playpens for christmas. Ill br zip tieing them one on top of the other (my boys can clear the hight of one wthout even working hard). Now they can play and I can see in and out. Becasue I have a large room for them and they love to wall surf I'll zip tir the play pens to some of the cardboard pen I already have so they can still wall surf some of the room.

The cardboard was really the cheapest way top go and I loved it for years, when I had it at 4' and I could stand up and see over it, but then my boys started jumping clear over the 4' hight and the 6' is just too high for me :(

I shut the bedroom doors, block off the end of the hallway and Choncho has a blast running up and down the hall, he has chew toys and his dust in there, and gets to play several times a week, I sit in there with him too and he sits on my shoulder.

I never thought of just using the hallway, just goes to show everyone looks at play time for thier Chin's differently... I also like the 4' and 6' cardboard ideas too

Back