Playpen to put around a 142

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about getting a playpen to put around my new 142 so they can play in my bedroom and not be bothered by being put in a carrier taken upstairs than taken back down. And theyd be able to play alot longer since i would be able to just sit with them and have a movie on or something. I got alittle off topic... I was looking at playpens but they all seem a little low and i was thinking that if the cage doors are open they would be able to use the bottom level (which is like a foot or so up) and jump over the playpen completely.
If there aren't any big enough to make this not an issue ill just leave the doors closed but i dont wanna keep them from there stuff if they want it (food water and such)

The Marshall small animal playpen is good. If you get two of them, it will be alot bigger and just put the FN142 at the back of it so there is several feet between the bottom of the cage and the pen.

You can get some tall cardboard at an appliance store, and cut out some uniform tall panels. Use duct tape to connect them and when you're done fold them up accordian style and hide in the closet

I have two playpens that have a lift up door (here). I hook them together, put them in front of the cage (with one door fully open it fits perfectly wedged in there with no gaps) and then have a ramp so they can go in and out of their FN at will. Since the playpens are only 29 inches high you do have to watch them but I like to be in with them anyway so it isn't an issue for me.

I tried an old playpen I used for my puppy, but my chin found every which way out...over, under, and through! I tried putting towels over it, but she pulled them down! I also love being in the play area with my chin and she just used me as a trampoline! after a while I gave up...I couldn't stand having to constantly fix the playpen or get her back inside...now she has free range over one section of my basement...which is annoying, but basically my only option with a ninja chin!:neener:

Back