plastic?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmb223

I have a martins cage and it has the plastic protection things around the opening for it and i check them everyday for chewing and today i noticed that they were chewed on. dose this mean he ingested it? will he be ok?

i removed the plastic gaurds and i am looking for another alternatives any ideas?

Usually they chew the plastic but don't ingest it. The best thing to do is monitor his eatting and pooing. If he continues to do these things, he'll be just fine. I had a chin in an old cage with a plastic bottom and he chewed on it, but just that chewed not ingested.

Yep, I agree. Not much you can do now. Keep a close eye on him and don't let him near plastic again, I have seen a chin die after eating out of a cat carrier, so I do think it is very possible for them to ingest it too.

ok well i took all the plastic out.

but what he was chewing was the protective pieces around the opneing of the cage door but i checked the edges there is no sharp parts at all it is all smooth and rounded

Latest posts

Back