Pit Bull Awareness Event October 2012!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

I will be planning a pit bull awareness event for next year. I already have some ideas on the table, but would like some more that involve fundraisers to host the event.

Ideas for the event: Kiss-A-Bull Booth, Rabies and Micro Chipping, Games for Kids and Adults, Find the pit bull, Educational pamplets and such, Adopt a pit bull, Bully Bags, Raffles.

Fundraising ideas: Dog Treats, Rock Candy around chirstmas time,baked goods,Car wash in the summer, and dog wash.

Any help would be great! I want this event to be fun and educational!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How about pittie history? I've seen some articles on Facebook recently talking about the old "nanny dog" thing as well as a military pittie...that could be interesting. Will you have activities for owner/dog teams? Trick stations, bob for apples (tennis balls in a kiddie pool), information on training (and agility and other fun doggie sports) and spay/neuter. I could go on and on ;-)

If you're looking for more fundraisers, I'd be happy to supply you with some of my collars/leashes/harnesses. I :heart4: Pitties!

I'm Planning on having a Agility trial course,weight pull course, and they also have something called a speed ball thing (looking into that still). Also a find the pit bull event. Games for kids. Yes games for dogs and their owners. Also t-shirts for sale. I will be looking for various pamplets to hand out.. Also a kiss-a-bull booth and a bully bag. Kind of like luminary bags, but for pit bulls :) If you have any more ideas, please feel free to share! The more the better. I was also thinking about doing a dog food drive at a local pet store, or vet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the pit bull breeds! It would be a good idea to do some history and how they came to be, as well as all of the different breeds that are classified as pit bulls. You may already know of it but badrap.org is an awesome pit site. Good luck!

Back