Pics/Video My Chins in Ware popup Playpen

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi

non-stop poop sweeper
Some members have asked to see my chins in the Ware Playpen that was originally purchased for my pug when he was a puppy. It's a pop-up playpen that has a detachable bottom and a detachable mesh top, it also has mesh windows all around the sides. I use this when I can't do playtime in our regular chin-safe room or when I'm cleaning the cage, myself or a family member are supervising at all times when the chins are in there. None of my chins have tried to nibble on the playpen itself except for once when one of them pawed at the mesh door a little. The link to the youtube clip is first, my hubby is in their with CJ & Pepper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TBdXkl4lM

My daughter, Angel, holding her teddy bear chin (actually it's CJ)
thats just what she calls him

picture.php

My other daughter, Cassie, tells me that she will babysit the chins
while I take pics, she's such a cutie

picture.php

Pepper's on the lookout as CJ contemplates an escape route?
picture.php

It looks like they are really enjoying themselves! It's nice to see husbands enjoy chins, too.

Awwww.... tha'ts great your husband enjoys the chins too. Every guy I meet is like "ick," and I'm like "bye." Haha

I really like the playpen, does it fold down flat? If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it?

It looks like they are really enjoying themselves! It's nice to see husbands enjoy chins, too.

Previously to these 2 boys, we had Whiskers for a little over 4 years when he passed this last December, and he was how our love affair to chins began. That little guy had been through alot when we first got him and thats how my husband bonded with the ONLY other male in the house, lol, it was very sweet how he played with him and taught him a few little tricks. Another funny little note is that we have a pic of my hubby and Whiskers when my husband started competing again (over 40 natural bodybuilding contest), he has that picture up in his gym, he doesn't care what anybody says cuz he really loved that little guy.

Awwww.... tha'ts great your husband enjoys the chins too. Every guy I meet is like "ick," and I'm like "bye." Haha

I really like the playpen, does it fold down flat? If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it?

My hubby hasn't truly bonded with these boys yet, but like I noted above, its only a matter of time, lol.

I got the playpen (the "large" size) at Petco about a year and a half ago, here is the link to the current price, I did find this playpen a little cheaper listed elsewhere but it was free shipping at Petco so it came out about the same.

http://www.petco.com/product/108191/WARE-Deluxe-Pop-Up-Playpen.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

i should get one of those for kishi, right now we have a 3 and a half foot fence that i put up over part of the living room,we have about half the living room partitioned off for her and our bunny and guinea pig to play in,(never at the same time), but imma need a new one come summer because she is going to have to be moved upstairs when it gets hot, since only one room in our house has A/C(weird i know)

Cute video. :) I agree that it's nice when the chins are a family affair!

Are there supposed to be pictures too?

Cute video.
Are there supposed to be pictures too?

The pictures load up on my computer and I can see them clearly, there are three of them, but I asked my co-worker to see if there was a problem and she says that she does NOT see any pictures either just the link, I don't know what I did wrong? :thinking:

Hopefully the pics will work now..

Some members have asked to see my chins in the Ware Playpen that was originally purchased for my pug when he was a puppy. It's a pop-up playpen that has a detachable bottom and a detachable mesh top, it also has mesh windows all around the sides. I use this when I can't do playtime in our regular chin-safe room or when I'm cleaning the cage, myself or a family member are supervising at all times when the chins are in there. None of my chins have tried to nibble on the playpen itself except for once when one of them pawed at the mesh door a little. The link to the youtube clip is first, my hubby is in their with CJ & Pepper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TBdXkl4lM

1) My daughter, Angel, holding her teddy bear chin (actually it's CJ)
thats just what she calls him

2) My other daughter, Cassie, tells me that she will babysit the chins
while I take pics, she's such a cutie

3) Pepper's on the lookout as CJ contemplates an escape route?

Attachments

• #1-forum.jpg
    #1-forum.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 24
  • #2-forum.jpg
    #2-forum.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
  • #3-forum.jpg
    #3-forum.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 22
So cute! I love how chins can bring the whole family together!

Seriously? There are problems with the guys liking chinchillas?

This is a better kept secret than joining the cheerleading squad... Get a chinchilla and all the ladies will fawn over you... :kiss: Even more so than on the burger king mini burgers commercial...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdTHqf08jM

I must be in the minority, I love my pachuke! Maybe I'm less of a man since I don't own a bull dog or rottweiler.

Very cute pics and video though! :thumbsup:

Seriously? There are problems with the guys liking chinchillas?

My husband LOVED our first chin but he hasn't totally bonded with these two yet although, CJ with his "self checking for hair rings" makes him bust out laughing. When my brother comes around, he gets very squirmish around them, too funny.

im a guy and i love my chin... everyone makes them sound like they are female only lol

:crazy:

<<< chin loving guy

:thumbsup:

im a guy and i love my chin... everyone makes them sound like they are female only lol

:crazy:

<<< chin loving guy

:thumbsup:

While there are some men out there who absolutely love chinchillas, the good majority are women.

My husband likes them, but nothing like I do. He will do a drive by scritch when he's near the cage, but he doesn't take them out for playtime. He will play with them a bit when I take them out, but then he's done. He's also way more attached to Chula than Buttons while I love them both. -shrug-

I'm not saying all men are like this by any means, it's just how mine is.

I'm a guy and I like chinchillas. I enjoy watching mine while I lay in bed. It helps me relax and relieve a little anxiety from a very long stressful day. I've got to get a second one. To be able to watch two interacting would be a dream come true! I think I'm going to have to get me one of those playpens to.

Yeah, my husband wanders into the chin room about once a week and spends a few minutes petting them. That's as much contact as he really wants with them. Of course, I am in there every day, so he has to spend more time there, whether he wants to or not! ; )

Back