Pics of the Chins/Rescues enjoying Twilight Chinchillas' toys!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greychins

NWI Chinchillas
So, this year as a present to the rescues/chins, we bought them each their own candy cane chew toy. The "special" chins even got their own Christmas tree! And Christine was so awesome as to discount the candy canes a bit and throw in some extra chews, foot toys, and herbs for the rescues! We love you Christine!

So I just had to share some pics....unfortunately, most chins didn't want to chew with cages open, so lots of pics through bars... ah well.

My first chin ever, Winx, with his candy cane
winx_candy_cane_small.jpg

Third chin ever, Toby, with his candy cane
toby_candy_cane_small.jpg

Percheron and Squeakers, father and son - rescues - Percheron is staying with us, Squeakers has since found a home - yay! - going after the same candy cane even though we put two in the cage, lol
squeakers_nike_candy_cane_small.jpg

Piggy, one of our current rescues, with his tree
piggy_tree_smal.jpg

Pash, one of our current rescue, with her candy cane
pash_candy_cane_small.jpg

Last edited:
Frito, one of our current rescues who has been through so much, poor thing. He got a candy cane and a big ornament.
frito_ornament_1_small.jpg

Frito again "ooooh there's a back!!"
frito_ornament_2_small.jpg

Bert and Ernie (rescue brothers) got two candy canes in their cage... but of course both focused on the same one... at different times though... here's Ernie...
ernie_candy_cane_small.jpg

and here's Bert
bert_candy_cane_1_small.jpg

...and me getting the stink-eye from Bert for watching while he chews...
bert_candy_cane_2_small.jpg

Freddy - rescue who has since been adopted - with his candy cane
freddy_candy_cane_1_small.jpg

One of our girls, Dreamz, and her candy cane
dreamz_candy_cane_small.jpg

and finally Yoshi, one of our rescues, and his candy cane
yoshi_candy_cane_small.jpg

Awe those are awesome pictures! I spent most of today, and yesterday in bed, so that's a very welcome pick me up! I love seeing chinnies enjoying their toys!

Very nice chinnies, and they do look like they are enjoying there treats...

Glad to see Squeakers has found a home :) What is the story behind Percheron's name? I had a feeling he'd be staying w/ you!! ;)

Thank everyone, they are definitely enjoying the treats! They are devouring their candy canes and trees like no tomorrow! I'm so glad the like them so much, some of them can be picky little stinkers lol.

Jodi - In addition to Squeakers finding a home already, so did Wizard, and Black Beauty is on hold w/ deposit for someone who is understanding that she will be here until we're positive she's not pregnant (and she is gaining weight so... maybe?). Since we're keeping Percheron, that only leaves Tazzie to find a home (but she's not yet available either due to possible pregnancy).

Get this - I was looking through my old emails searching for "Wizard" because now in my chin-files I'm keeping better track of the dates chins come to the rescue and I was looking for the emails from Lisa talking about when "I" was coming to get the chins...anyway, I came across an email where Lisa emailed me in 2009 asking about a mosaic female rescue I had up for adoption that she wanted to adopt to breed with her Wizard. Of course, I told her at the time that the female wasn't pedigreed and she sprayed like all heck (which she did) and I won't sell rescues to breeding homes. Anyway, she replied saying that she said she didn't want her Wizard getting sprayed. And in looking through the email, she was asking all sorts of questions about hair rings and said she was talking with other breeders and everything... made me feel like she was a total newbie in 2009 (not that she seemed much better now). So I had had contact with her before, I just didn't remember it.

As for Percheron - which we may change his name, I'm not absolutely crazy about it - but I was actually contacted by someone on here about him after I posted pics of the rescues saying that he was a chin sold to Lisa from an actual breeder, and originally came from a different breeder, who she gave me the name of. Turns out he's a pedigreed chin - I contacted the original breeder with a picture. Was told his name used to be Percheron and she sent me his pedigree. He's a bit small, but gaining weight with better food, and with more dust baths his fur is looking pretty nice. I always take some oddballs to Nationals every year (we never have 6 chins we want to show, but we fill up the carrier anyway, with the idea we shouldn't bring more home, haha), so he's going to come this year (despite the fact that he's 7 - we took an 11 year old bv last year).

Back