Pics of my new chins and a little story

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayChillas

Puff n' Fluff
So last Wednesday I got 2 new chins :)) They're 5 & 6 yr. old standard girls we named Ella and Eva. (Ella - 6, Eva - 5)

First let me tell you about the first chin we got. Almost 2 months ago we got a little 2.5 yr. old standard girl from local breeders. We named her Willow. She was so precious and seemed so perfect. After only about a month of having her I came down one morning to find that she was laying on her side funny. Her one back paw was especially sticking out. Then I saw her move... With her 2 little front paws she was dragging herself forward and seemed to be paralyzed in the back. We have no idea what caused it, the breeder and the vet thought it was possibly a stroke. We let her be for a couple days to see if anything would change. Willow was eating fine, but her drinking was a bit of a concern. She just wasn't drinking like she normally should. The vet said that there was really nothing that could make her better. It was so sad ... :cry3: I knew that she wasn't happy not being able to bounce and run around. On October 8th we had to put little Willow to rest. <3 I love her an miss her so much but she's happier now.

The breeders were so helpful and felt so bad. They wanted to give us the pair I have now. They're goofballs :)

Eva -

Ella and Eva (Ella on the bottom, Eva on top)

I'm so sorry for your loss :( you took her pain away. Good luck with the new girls yayyyy

That is very heartbreaking, I'm glad you were albe to end her suffering as sometimes that the kindest thing we can do. Enjoy your new girls and I wish you the best with them!

There we go I think the pic work:

Eva :))
IMG_0986.jpg

Both of them lol. Ella on the bottom and Eva on top
IMG_0993.jpg

Its hard to get pics of Ella alone but there they are :)

Aw I'm sorry about Willow, that's such a hard decision to make, but you did the right thing! Your new girls are beautiful, congrats :)

Latest posts

Back