picky eater?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cmills5081

So everyday when I get home from work around 4 or so I go see rufio in my room to check and see wat he's been up to all day and there is always a bunch of half pellets laying on the ground. Sooo to make sure he is eating I grab a peice of food and give it to him and he takes it and eats it no questions asked buttt he doesn't always eat the whole peice...I have watched him eat and he digs through the bowl and grabs peices but doesn't always eat the whole peice and will just grab another. Soo wat my question is is it normal for a chin to be a picky eater? He eats plenty of food but just kinda wastes a lot to cuz he always thows half of the pellet.soo any advice on this is good :)

If he's eating his hay & drinking and his poos are normal then he should be ok. Some chins don't eat the whole pellet sometimes mine don't either.

Oh yeah my little man defff knows how to drink some water and lovesss eating his hay he like rolls around in his little hay dish while he's eating it...its pretty much adorablee haha :)

Are you feeding plain pellets or is it mixed with supplement or is it food with "goodies". When I mix plain pellets with supplement it always seems that half of their food ends up on the floor as they like to dig through it and find the good stuff. Even without supplement they seem to dig through it to see if just possibly any goodies are on the bottom in plain pellets. Like said before just keep offering hay and make sure he's drinking and everything should be alright.

2 of my girls eat only half of the pellet. Pretty frustrating since they waste a bunch! But they'll eat half of the pellet and then throw the other half of the pellet down.

Chase and Gizmo do that. When Gizmo was caged with Shiloh, Gizmo would pick a pellet from the bowl eat half of it and drop the other half on the shelf for Shiloh to eat. So gizmo would eat one half and Shiloh would eat the other half. Now that they are caged seperate, Shiloh eats his pellets by the half. But he eats like half of it, then when he goes back to eat later he eats the other half of the ones he ate before. Gizmo just eats half and lays the other half on the shelf (I guess he still thinks Shiloh is there to eat the other half)

Haha that's funny how picky they are I just feed plain mazuri no treats or supplements in it...but I realzied this morning he did go back and eat the other halves last night..its so funny and kinda cute I guess. Thanks for helpin to all :)

Latest posts

Back