Picky About Water Bottle?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeleyAnne

Buddha & Moose (:
Ok so I have 2 chins (sharing a cage) and 2 water bottles that are identical besides the color. The white water bottle has always been in Buddha's cage, and the purple bottle was in Moose's cage. Then when I introduced them, I put both water bottles in their cage so there wouldn't be fighting. Now they both agree that they hate the purple water bottle and they won't drink from it. I've even let the white one run out so that they would be forced to use the purple one, but they still won't. I even tried moving the purple one to another spot in the cage, and they still don't like it. They refuse to use it. Why do they do this? Is there anything I can do to make them want to use it?

Have you checked to see if it is still working? It might have something wrong that is keeping the water from coming out. If it is still working, you will just have to deal with them preferring the white one. I guess that you could get s second white one so that they have two of the same color.

I have one that will NOT drink from a Lixit bottle, he will only drink from a Super pet bottle-the nozzle is not the problem since it is a lixit, its the shape of the bottle he has issues with.

when i put two bottles in my chins cage, they always seemed to prefere one over another as well. Even tho they are identical. Eventually they started useing em both tho.

Latest posts

Back