Photos of decorated quality cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Parent

I'm ordering a new cage for Chinchy this week, and I've settled on a quality cage townhome. I'd love to see pictures of your decked out quality cages, since it seems like so many members have ferret nations and I've rarely seen pictures of quality cages on here. Thanks!

My QC Townhome came yesterday, and I have yet to attempt to set it up :neener:
And I agree - it would be great to see how everyone has decorated their QC cages :)
When all of my supplies arrived and my cage is all set up, I will definitely upload some pictures.

I'm really aching to get mine ordered, it's going to take three weeks to powder coat, so it won't be here for a month probably. I'd love to get this eyesore of a feisty ferret out of my apartment.

I think I might be mistaken though. It says that it'll take 4 to 6 weeks if the cage itself (wire) is powdercoated, but it doesn't say that for the galvanized wire and powdercoated tray ones. Even better then, I'm so excited to get mine in. Let me know how you like yours.

Ohh, okay.
Chances are it will be a nice cage. I'll let you know after I put it together. I'll start on that right now :)

Here's my cage as of now:

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

It seems like a very nice cage to me so far. It's MUCH bigger than I imagined!! I put it together with pretty much no help in no time at all. It was fairly easy once I knew where everything went and the instructions were simple to follow.

:)

Wow that is giantic. I have that same hidey house so I've got a pretty good comparison.

I think that first shelf is going to be too high for your new little one Rebecca. I would move it down 3 more squares and adjust the others accordingly. You can try it, but from my experience he will struggle. Once he gets used to jumping and his cage, then you can increase the spacing between each jump.

Perfect! :) Don't forget to adjust the others. lol
I see you put on your cage guards too. Oliver will LOVE stretching out and sleeping under the shelf as well as his Hidey Hut. The Cage guards not only hold the wood shavings in, but they offer privacy for him from the outside room.

Okay, I'll adjust the others accordingly. How far apart should they be? How many inches/sqaures?

I hope he likes it, lol

Start off with 6-7 squares in between each shelf. Once you see he's able to jump and is not falling...then you can increase. Little chins will do those sudden crazy spurts like adults, and are not really coordinated enough to handle them sometimes. You'll see lots of jumps that don't quiet make it, sliding off of shelves, etc. Better to keep his environmet safer for him. You'll be able to judge when the time is right for more spacing.

Last edited:
Not to discourage you guys, but I really wanted to love the QC cages. I ended up replacing it with a FN instead, but this was before I learned of using fleece vs. pine bedding. I got a mansion for 1 chin and just didn't like it. The townhomes I think are a better choice, especially for 1 chin. I was worried there wasn't enough room, then realized what a monstrosity the mansion was. QC cages are made very well and you can do a lot with them. The poop guards are a must by the way!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was surprised in the size. It was much bigger than I thought. I'm sure 2 chins would fit in one comfortably.
It seems nice. And the poop guards will definitely be a big help!

I have a few questions:
So, the chin I am getting will be 3 months. I adjusted the shelves to be lower down and closer to each other.
I also have a bunch of hanging toys. They are all somewhere around 6inches-9inches. And I'm not sure that if my chin will be able to reach them if they are hanging from the top. So should I hang them at the sides lower down where they can be reached?
Thanks.

I wouldn't put anything on the roof of the cage quite yet. Put them a few spaces above the ledges, so they are reachable and don't drag on the floor/ledge.

Latest posts

Back