PetSmart Pets Hotel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgiespirit

Has anyone used the boarding services at petsmart for their cat or dog? My boyfriend and I will be flying to Georgia for Christmas from December 23-26 and need a place for our dog, Emmy, to stay. We are new to the area and don't know anyone well enough to ask them to watch her. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with boarding at petsmart. If so, what was your impression, and how much it cost?

Thanks!

As in staying in our home? We have only had her for a couple months (though she is 2.5 y/o) and we still haven't gotten to a point where we trust her home alone outside of her crate. So I'm not sure someone coming to our home a few times a day would cut it; I don't want her to be in her tiny crate that long.

I'm skeptical about the petsmart boarding. Minimum waged employees taking care of my baby wouldn't cut it. I don't know exactly where you live in Delaware, but we found a place out toward the country where the dogs get lots of time to run around because the person lives on a farm. Several of our friends use it too and because it's not an official business, just a service she offers, it's very affordable. Since you have a decent amount of time to look around, I'd try to find something more along those lines. With petsmart you can be guaranteed your dog won't be mistreated, but she might not get amazing treatment, either...

I've used the one by me a couple times. What I liked is they have someone there 24/7 to look after the animals. If the dog pees on his blanket they washed it asap (he was still a puppy at the time). He also loved the playtime with other dogs they offered.

I would say no

I have heard a lot of bad things and bad reviews on petsmart hotels you should google pet sitters or bordering in your area example "Dog Bording in Denver Colrado" You should ask to see all there kennels and where the dogs go play and go potty. If the place has bad vibes or seems fishy like they refuse you to see where the kennels would be and the rest of the facitlity just walk out!

http://dogs.about.com/od/travel/bb/boarding.htm

http://www.akc.org/public_education/boarding_your_dog.cfm

The bird lives with my parents and always has (he's 10 and was mine when I was young, so I still consider him mine even though he doesn't live with me). The hedgehog lives with them too since we had to temporarily relocate to Lancaster, Pa for a year.

Also, I have found a couple other options for boarding in my area that I will be looking into over the next couple of weeks. Thank you guys for your input!

Back