petcos toys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look safe, but my question would be were the trees pesticide free? Also what type of wood is the first toy made from. I'd recommend sticking to those here, you could probably get more for your money, and know it's safe. Just my 2 cents. :)

1st toy is made from douglas fir wood, I recall reading that fir wood is toxic (hopefully someone else can verify that)
2nd pic is apple wirlies and I used to buy it and after you take it off the package weigh it you're going to get about 1.5 oz and paying $3.99-$4.29 a pack. VS buying it from here and get more for your money with better quality.
3rd picture is lava basically lava rocks and those are safe along with the lava ledges.

they very well could, but we wont know.
i've bought a couple of things on that list for a chin that was at a pet store cause i felt bad that it had nothing to chew on. and he/she went crazy over it.
the only thing that i'll be getting for mine from the store would be the lava ledges.

the only consern i have is the bell on the hanging toys is the metal bell is that ok

as long as the metal doesn't have zinc in it, chains and bells are fine for chins. some chins like the bell at the end of a toy, some (like Rhino) don't, and won't touch a toy if there's a bell attached to it.

fir is on the safe list of chin woods.

question about zinc: I don't know if this is true or not but I read that soaking something made with zinc in a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water will make it safe. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true?

Back