Percentage of Pink White babies.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back to original topics:

Weew:
I believe most chin breeders out of the states would have difficulty of getting good chins in the first place. It is not like we can drive to Shoots or some ranch and grab some home.....lol. Good standards are not easily available. Even, my Violets will put many Std Greys to shame here.

Just give it a try. I eagerly await your result....:)

back to original topics:

Weew:
I believe most chin breeders out of the states would have difficulty of getting good chins in the first place. It is not like we can drive to Shoots or some ranch and grab some home.....lol. Good standards are not easily available. Even, my Violets will put many Std Greys to shame here.

So obviously that means you shouldn't even try to get good chins. :rolleyes:

So obviously that means you shouldn't even try to get good chins. :rolleyes:

lol...I am not a backdoor breeder.

We do have some good chins despite our limitations
[Pic1 & 2]

One of the better ones i have seen here
[Pic3 & 4]

Attachments

• violet.jpeg
    violet.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 32
  • white.jpeg
    white.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 32
  • chin2.jpg
    chin2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
  • chin.jpg
    chin.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 26
lol...I am not a backdoor breeder.

We do have some good chins despite our limitations
[Pic1 & 2]

One of the better ones i have seen here
[Pic3 & 4]

Nice one you got there ppsamm, as I know you manage to grab few of ritterpatch chin from few of the chin owner who give up and they bough their chin at chinchillas.com ( I saw the ad as well, but i am late!!!)

BTW, if you got excellent standard, pls PM me, I would like to collect more quality standard to improve my herd.

back to original topics:

Weew:

Really? They can easily get it i think. Just make some afford, you get super quality chin, if we from millions mile CAN, they can. Of cause we did not expect the distance from 1 place to another place is near, I understand they may need to travel hours to the near by breeder, BUT it does not need any document, health cert, etc for them to get the chin out of State like what we did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one you got there ppsamm, as I know you manage to grab few of ritterpatch chin from few of the chin owner who give up and they bough their chin at chinchillas.com ( I saw the ad as well, but i am late!!!)

BTW, if you got excellent standard, pls PM me, I would like to collect more quality standard to improve my herd.

Really? They can easily get it i think. Just make some afford, you get super quality chin, if we from millions mile CAN, they can. Of cause we did not expect the distance from 1 place to another place is near, I understand they may need to travel hours to the near by breeder, BUT it does not need any document, health cert, etc for them to get the chin out of State like what we did.

Weew, I didnt get from the ones who give up their breeding pairs.

I think u miss read....I mean out of the states, such as Asia/European countries.

back to original topics:

Weew:

If I were to drive to Shoots it would take me days. It's not like the states are all within a couple miles of each other. If I want animals from Shoots I have to buy them and then fly them in or pay an exorbitant amount for gas and hotels to drive there and back. I've also shipped chinchilla in from Canada which was a pain but I wanted a specific quality that the breeder had and I'm more than happy with what I got from her.

You have to actually put forth the effort to get the quality chinchillas. You can't just say...well there are a few nice ones here, but the majority are crap so I guess I'll breed the crap.

If I were to drive to Shoots it would take me days. It's not like the states are all within a couple miles of each other. If I want animals from Shoots I have to buy them and then fly them in or pay an exorbitant amount for gas and hotels to drive there and back. I've also shipped chinchilla in from Canada which was a pain but I wanted a specific quality that the breeder had and I'm more than happy with what I got from her.

You have to actually put forth the effort to get the quality chinchillas. You can't just say...well there are a few nice ones here, but the majority are crap so I guess I'll breed the crap.

If we can drive to Shoots, it would have taken me years.....
We don't think we will get in through the crazy visa immigration procedure after that stupid nigerian affair.

BTW Shoots is not even willing to have their cute chins sitting on some 25~30hours flight across Pacific. The only avenue to many is from Laurie and she knows it. Many of us have paid very large sums for these beautiful little pets.

I don't think you know much about what lies across your shores.We have done much work here to be proud that there are good people not in the States that also appreciate having quality chins.

Ppsamm - Bowens will ship overseas. There was a large group from Singapore who were going to buy chins from him, but it fell apart for some reason. You have to be willing to buy 6 or more animals, but he definitely will ship.

The last I knew, Shoots would also ship overseas, so unless that's changed I would check with them.

The thing is, nobody is going to go to the trouble of shipping you 2 chins. Why should they? It's a hassle to go through all the paperwork and the vet clearance, and the trip to the airport, yada yada. So if you want to get some animals, then you're going to have to get a large group of them. You make it sound like everyone there is trying to breed good quality animals, not midget pet store crap, so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Ppsamm - Bowens will ship overseas. There was a large group from Singapore who were going to buy chins from him, but it fell apart for some reason. You have to be willing to buy 6 or more animals, but he definitely will ship.

The last I knew, Shoots would also ship overseas, so unless that's changed I would check with them.

The thing is, nobody is going to go to the trouble of shipping you 2 chins. Why should they? It's a hassle to go through all the paperwork and the vet clearance, and the trip to the airport, yada yada. So if you want to get some animals, then you're going to have to get a large group of them. You make it sound like everyone there is trying to breed good quality animals, not midget pet store crap, so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

...we were part of that group....
Shipping across the pacific was a difficult process....
When we gathered to collect the fluffy angels (some with their ribbons and tagged ears) for the first time, it was a fun day.Everybody was so excited.

Similar to the States, there will always be people breeding pet store midgets and selling at astonishing prices. We started with a $600 violet gal with std sire - "hoping for a violet". But, she was a good nursing mother.

We even had a midget black velvet. The learning process was fun and there are still a lot more to be learned this year. We hoped that many of the experience members around will give a helping hand.....Cheers!!!

We did not purchased any of them. But,we did purchased some of their offsprings. My violet wrap was a good buy. Her parents produced some wonderful violets. She did gave us two nice female violets of good size.

We have not put the other 2 on breeding before. The other violet male was an ECBC Show Champion offspring. He was not tested and so was my ebony gal. We did not have resources for another color.

Back